Job Title: Perinatal High Risk Sonographer
FWC is seeking high-risk perinatal sonographers who want to learn and make a difference to patients and their families under the supervision of Dr. David Nyberg. Salary is competitive and candidates hired without the use of a third party recruiter will be eligible for a $5,000 relocation bonus.
The Fetal and Women's Center (FWC) of Arizona is a growing outpatient practice dedicated to prenatal diagnosis, and obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound. We are the largest outpatient based practice dedicated to prenatal diagnosis in Arizona, operating six clinics in metropolitan Phoenix and surrounding communities (Scottsdale, Glendale, Mesa, and Chandler). We are also the largest employer of high-risk sonographers, genetic counselors, and perinatal physicians who are dedicated to prenatal diagnosis within Arizona. Our mission is to provide women and their families with comprehensive, high quality and compassionate health care services through highly skilled medical professionals, a warm, caring and trained medical staff, and state-of-the-art ultrasound and related technology.
Working full time within an educational, challenging, and fun environment, candidate will perform screening obstetric and fetal ultrasounds and gynecologic ultrasounds and accurately report findings to enable interpretation by physician.
Scope of responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Perform screening obstetric and fetal ultrasound to confirm normal development at all stages of pregnancy.
- Perform and accurately record findings of fetuses with suspected abnormalities.
- Perform gynecologic ultrasound and accurately record findings.
- Expertise or willing to learn 3D volume ultrasound and all types of Doppler ultrasound.
- Assist with amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling.
- Maintain quality control standards and follow written protocols.
- Accurately record ultrasound findings, and have an understanding of the clinical indications for examinations.
- Effectively communicate with the patient and her family.
- Work closely with supervising physicians.