REGISTERED VASCULAR TECHNOLOGIST
Vein Care Center | Lima OH 45805 USA | Full Time, Part Time | Posted: 04/20/2011
Job Description top
Since 2004, the Vein Care Center, with four locations, has been dedicated to the treatment of all aspects of Varicose Vein Disease in West Central Ohio. We are currently seeking an experienced skilled Registered Vascular Technologist to perform all necessary Duplex Ultrasound scans, assist in monitoring treatement quality and safety, educate and motivate patients, and participate in practice building. The Technologist will also serve as Technical Director for our ICAVL accredited ultrasound laboratories.
- Perform patient evaluation and assessment prior to ultrasound examiniation.
- Perform the required diagnostic vascular ultrasound tests with accuracy and efficiency in accordance with ICAVL standards and follow strict procedure protocols as defined by the Vein Care Center.
- Perform all Technical Director responsibilities, as defined in the ICAVL 2010 Standards.
- Participate in Quality Assurance activities as outlined in the ICAVL 2010 Standards, as well as those outlined in the Vein Care Center policy protocols.
- Improve clinical and technical expertise of self and technical staff by keeping abreast of current trends, developing and maintaining a high level of skills commensurate with the standards of ICAVL through continued education.
- Assist the Physician in explaining the treatment plan to the patient and how that treatment plan will address the patient's specific needs.
- Perform all additional scans indicated by the treatment plan at the direction of the Physician to ensure the efficacy of treatment and safety of the patients.
- Within the limits of safety, adhere to the standard time allotments for each type of scan in order to maintain the smooth and efficient flow of patients throughout the course of the scheduled day.
- Maintain equipment and manage the supply inventory to ensure continued and effective operations.
Job Requirements top
*Certificate of Completion from an accredited Ultrasound program
*Completion of formal training in Non-Invasive Vascular techniques and/or documentation of an on-the-job training in non-invasive vascular ultrasound procedures
*Must be a Registered Vascular Technologist with the ARDMS/CCI
*Maintain an active status with ARDMS/CCI
*Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
*Must be knowledgeable of computer technology and be able to manipulate computer keyboards and patient care equipment *Excellent hand/eye coordination
*Visual acuity as well as color perception is necessary for interpreting Doppler and Colorflow analysis and Duplex Imaging
*Hearing is essential for detecting changes in character and pitch of blood flow
This position is for Monday-Thursday (32 hours), 7:30am-4pm. There is no night, weekend or on call coverage required. As we are a multi-site practice, travel will be required two days each week to offices located within 35 miles of Lima, OH.
Salary will be based upon industry standards and commensurate with experience of applicant. Compensation for benefits is included in hourly rate.
The Vein Care Center in Lima is a beautiful newly-constructed facility located approximately 67 miles north of Dayton, OH, and within a two hour drive from Columbus, OH. Our mobile sites are in Celina, Findlay, and Bellefontaine, OH. We have a staff of two physicians, one RT-RCV, one RN, and one part-time RVT., as well as a wonderful and supportive operational staff.
Job Details top
|Cert. Org.||ARDMS, CCI|
|Pref Degree||High School|
|City||State Code||Postal Code||Country|
Contact Information top
|Contact Name||Nancy Lohr|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|