Coordinator Pulmonary Intervention Lab
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center | Peoria IL 61637 USA | Full Time | Posted: 04/29/2011
Job Description top
Reporting to the Manager of the Interventional Pulmonary Lab assists in overseeing and directing patient care activities and unit personnel on assigned shift in order to ensure that high quality patient care is delivered and to ensure the appropriateness of care delivered, based on the age of the patients served. Determines work priorities, prepares daily work assignments, directing activities specialized radiographic procedures, and monitors nursing care delivered. The following are general characteristics of this job.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (The following duties and responsibilities are all essential job functions, as defined by the ADA, except for those that begin with the word "May.")
1. Prepares monthly staffing schedule for unit employees and attempts to accommodate requests for scheduled time-off.
2. Reviews and adjusts, if necessary, daily staffing levels based on census and acuity levels of patients.
3. Assigns staff to patients based on acuity of patients and evaluation of nurses' knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
4. Functions as clinical resource person for unit and assists nursing personnel in identifying problems and developing solutions to same.
5. Interviews and hires prospective employees, ensuring candidates have required skills for unit. Ensures newly hired incumbents receive appropriate orientation and training.
6. In conjunction with the Manager, evaluates employees' compliance with department policies and procedures and evaluates employees' performance against established performance standards/expectations. Completes employee performance appraisal forms for assigned employees and conducts performance reviews. Counsels and disciplines employees, as needed.
7. Monitors unit and staff for compliance with regulations of outside agencies, e.g., OSHA, Professional Nursing Act, JCAHO, etc. and takes corrective actions as necessary.
8. Participates in developing, revising and implementing changes to department or unit policies, procedures and nursing care standards. Participates in evaluating new products (e.g., supplies, instruments, equipment, etc.).
9. Monitors supply and equipment levels and requisitions additional materials required to maintain adequate levels.
10. Maintains various department records as requested by the Department Manager, e.g., attendance, payroll, purchasing, staffing reports, etc.
11. Prepares for and conducts unit meetings to keep assigned employees informed of changes to unit operations and to ensure upward and downward communication.
12. Performs duties of Special Procedure Tech, on a regularly scheduled basis, in the Interventional Pulmonary Lab and Cardiac Cath Lab. ACLS Certification within 6 months is required, if not already ACLS Certified.
13. Performs ongoing unit continuing education.
14. Attends mandatory department, Medical Center meetings, and other work-related educational programs.
15. Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with department and Medical Center personnel and outside agencies.
16. Supports and is involved in theMedicalCenter’s continuous quality improvement efforts designed to increase patient outcomes, increase patient satisfaction, and improve the utilization of the Medical Center’s human, capital, and physical resources.
Job Requirements top
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. The job incumbent is required to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care appropriate to the age of the patients served on their assigned unit(s). This requires that the incumbent demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development as well as the physical, emotional and psycho-social needs of the patient population served.
2. Work requires a professional level of knowledge of radiology practice and theory at a level that generally can be acquired by completion and graduation from an accredited School of Radiology.
3. Current State license as a Registered Radiology Tech required.
4. Work requires two to three years of progressively more responsible experience with six months concurrent experience in appropriate clinical area in order to develop proficiencies in delivering high quality patient care services, develop an understanding of work flow of patient care units, and to demonstrate proven leadership skills required by the position.
5. Work requires substantial interpersonal skills to lead and direct the efforts of a group of professional and nonprofessional nurses in addition to Rad Techs and to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with personnel from other departments.
6. Work requires analytical ability necessary to develop monthly work schedules, adjust daily staffing levels, and make daily work assignments based of the staff's knowledge, skills, abilities, and experiences.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (The following statements describe the physical abilities required to perform the essential job functions, although exceptions may be made to these requirements based on the principle of reasonable accommodation.)
1. Work requires the ability to lift objects weighing up to 60 pounds on a daily basis.
2. Work requires ability to carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds on a daily basis.
3. Work requires ability to stand or walk up to 3 hours at a time.
4. Work requires ability to stoop and bend, ability to reach and grab with arms and hands, manual dexterity, ability to communicate with others, and color vision.
5. Work requires ability to push and/or pull wheelchairs, gurneys, and/or beds with patients aboard on a daily basis.
6. Work requires ability to lift and position patients on a daily basis.
7. Work requires proofreading and checking documents for accuracy on a daily basis.
8. Work requires ability to use a keyboard to enter and transform words or data on a daily basis.
9. Work requires ability to use a keyboard and video display terminal to receive, retrieve, and/or audit information and data on a daily basis.
Job Details top
|City||State Code||Postal Code||Country|
Contact Information top
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Req #23375|