Ultrasound Program Director
Pima Medical Institute | Denver CO 80231 USA | Full Time | Posted: 02/02/2011
Job Description top
Position Title: Ultrasound Program Director
Location: Denver, CO
Salary Range: DOE
Pima Medical Institute, the largest independently-owned, private allied health school in the United States, is seeking an Ultrasound Program Director at their Denver South Campus location.
The Ultrasound Program Director will direct the educational activities of the Ultrasound program. Develop and manage the approved curriculum and design teaching schedule.
- Supervise the activities of the ultrasound staff. Prepare teaching assignments.
- Determine, establish and implement radiography department goals.
- Review student success rates by class and implement plan to reduce student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Monitor the department budget and expenditures. Make appropriate corrections and changes to maintain a profitable program.
- Coordinate and arrange for educational workshops and in-services for didactic and clinical faculty. Prepare didactic instruction to include course objectives.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each semester to update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding course objectives and makes necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Visit clinical sites to review and evaluate students’ clinical performance and progress. Coordinate with site instructors to ensure clinical education is effective.
- Develop and maintain a functional curriculum according to approved design. Evaluate course content and review new texts. Collaborate with administration in the design and implementation of the radiography program.
- Maintain all JRCDMS records and prepare annual reports. Prepare self study for accreditation.
- Perform functions of an Ultrasound instructor.
- Bachelors degree.
- Credentialed to the concentration offered.
- Licensed by the appropriate state agency in Diagnostic Medical Sonography Technology.
- Five (5) years of experience as a registered diagnostic sonography technologist.
- Two (2) years of documented clinical experience as a general sonographer, cardiac sonographer and/or vascular technologist.
- Knowledge in curriculum design, development, program administration, evaluation, instruction and advising.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salaries PLUS quarterly bonuses.
- A Paid Time off (PTO) plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 20% employer match.
- Education and licensure reimbursement.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance.
- An individual performance merit plan.
- Relocation assistance provided.
Interested applicants may submit a letter of interest and resume to Bea Haggerty-Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax interest to (520) 323-5983.
Pima Medical Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of race, national origin, creed, veteran status, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Job Requirements top
Credentialed to the concentration offered.
Licensed by the appropriate state agency in Diagnostic Medical Sonography Technology.
Five (5) years of experience as a registered diagnostic sonography technologist.
Two (2) years of documented clinical experience as a general sonographer, cardiac sonographer and/or vascular technologist.
Knowledge in curriculum design, development, program administration, evaluation, instruction and advising.
Job Details top
|City||State Code||Postal Code||Country|
Contact Information top
|Contact Name||Bea Haggerty-Mills|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|