Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program Director
Carrington College California | Citrus Heights CA 95621 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/10/2011
Job Description top
As the Program Director at Carrington College California you will be responsible for delivering a quality educational experience for the students in the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. You will meet the high standards of student services delivery through ensuring that curriculum is up-to-date, that effective delivery methods are employed, and that all students are treated in a fair and equitable manner. Other duties include management of faculty and interfacing with accrediting organizations. This position will facilitate and coordinates activities related to academic policies, personnel policies, curriculum, resources, facilities, services and program evaluation.
- Under direct supervision of the Dean of Academic Affairs, the Program Director is responsible for teaching classes within the specific major as well as the coordination and administration of several functions and duties directly related to the program.
- Program Directors are typically assigned specific hours of student teaching or contact time per week, or the equivalent in educational requirements and activities.
- Program Directors are expected to show positive outcomes for stated program and course objectives and learning outcomes.
- The Program Director is expected to participate in college governance, committees, and task forces.
- Other duties include Related Educational Requirements such as class preparation, attending educational, and campus meeting, and various functions and duties directly related to the program or the operations of the campus.
- Develops, implements, and conducts assessment on program and course student learning outcomes.
- Coordinates faculty activities in the program.
- Coordinates faculty scheduling within the program.
- Develops and evaluates sites for clinical education and externship.
- Maintains substitution contacts and listings for the program.
- Coordinates new faculty orientation and training for the program.
- Performs walk around management and viewing of all class sessions of the program.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies within the program.
- Maintains request for equipment & supplies for the program.
- Coordinates textbook orders for the program.
- Facilitates programmatic faculty meetings, advisory committee meetings, curriculum review meetings.
- Assists with selection and the interview process of faculty within the program.
- Maintains copies of current curriculum for the program.
- Coordinates renewals and maintains copies of current licensure, certifications, etc. as required for faculty in the program.
- Assists with accreditation reports, reviews, etc. as required by the program.
- Maintains records, reports, examinations, data, and other program specific items as required by the college, accreditation, or governmental agencies.
- Participates as assigned in related admissions and employment services activities.
Job Requirements top
* 2+ years of experience in the field full time clinical, providing client care.
* The Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program Director must posses an Associates degree, although a Bachelors degree is preferred.
* Diagnostic Medical Sonography Clinical Faculty must posses, at minimum, the ARDMS credential of RDMS with registries in Abdominal and OB/GYN.
* Computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Experience with Educational Accredidation is a huge plus!
Job Details top
|City||State Code||Postal Code||Country|
Contact Information top
|Contact Name||Lori Peacock|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|