Holy Spirit- a Geisinger Affiliate is seeking a Certified Nurse Midwife. This is a full time opportunity - Day Clinic setting with Hospital in Call rotation.
We are a practice serving women and families in the greater Harrisburg area and South-Central PA for 20 years. Our practice continues to grow and thrive dedicated to compassionate and comprehensive women's healthcare. We are a six physician, five CNM, two CRNP practice providing a full range of OB/GYN, infertility, and Urogynecology services. We are dedicated to the midwifery model of care and philosophy of practice, with excellent in house physician and anesthesia back-up. We boast one of the lowest C-Section delivery rates in the state, and currently, a 85% successful VBAC rate. We adhere to the "Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Healthcare Institutions" and strive to incorporate fertility awareness based methods of natural family planning into our practice. We provide NaProTECHNOLOGY Services via our Spirit FertilityCare Center. Opportunity for further training in the Creighton Model and NaProTECHNOLOGY is available if desired.
The CNM will provide antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, and gynecological care in accordance with Geisinger policies and procedures, based on best practices/guidelines of the American College of Nurse-Midwives and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Provides outpatient ambulatory care, as well as inpatient care.
This position reports clinically to the Department Chairman, administratively to the Women’s Health Service Line Vice President or designee.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs clinical responsibilities outlined in the clinical privileges checklist, including but not limited to:
- Prenatal care
New obstetrical intakes and physical examinations
Return prenatal visits
- Intrapartum care
Repair of lacerations or episiotomies
Immediate care of the newborn
- Postpartum care
- Gynecological care
Testing for STI and vaginal infections
Treating menses disorders
Family planning counseling, prescription, insertion of IUDs/IUS/Nexplanon (if desired)
Minor gyn and primary care problems
- Meets legal requirements of practice:
- Maintenance of licensure as RN for the State of PA Board of Nursing
- Maintenance of licensure as CNM for the State of PA Board of Medicine
- Prescriptive authority to include DEA registration
- Maintenance of CME, as defined by the American College of Nurse-Midwives
- Acts as a consultant and educator for nursing students, nursing staff, medical students, and residents.
- Participates in preceptoring of Advanced Practice Nursing students (for CNMs >1 yr. active practice)
- Provides care that is non-judgmental and remains sensitive to client needs.
- Collaborates with other health care providers to achieve optimal health care outcomes.
- Maintains knowledge base with regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by the Chairman
- Maintaining best practice policies
- Use of the EMR
- Attendance at staff and divisional meetings
- Remain current in national and state regulations affecting Midwifery practice
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Certificate of completion from Nurse-Midwifery program approved by the American College of Nurse-Midwives required.
Current PA Nurse-Midwifery License and current PA RN License required
For more information, please contact Lotoya Henry, Physician & Advanced Practice Recruiter, Human Resources: Talent Management at 717-972-4862 or email@example.com