Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Perinatal Sonographer I
· Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures as prescribed by a physician including: Positions patients for the proper view of the affected area; selects the appropriate scan images to be recorded; obtains essential information from patients, medical records and previous scans for clinical correlation.
· Instructs patients about the proper physiological requirements for the procedure; helps patient transfer to exam table and ensures adequate patient immobilization to perform the scan; knows how to change scanning parameters to improve a scan.
· Obtains diagnostic sonographic images by scanning the appropriate body part of the patient with the transducer; provides documentation of ultrasound exam sufficient for physicians to interpret.
· Assists physicians with ultrasound guided procedures.
· May participate in student and physician education.
· Maintains work area to include medical supplies for procedures.
· High School diploma or equivalent required
· A graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program which meets requirements by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (A.R.D.M.S.) required
· Credentialed RDMS in OB/GYN Specialty Exam required
· RDMS credential must be earned within 90 days of first date of employment
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
· Credentialed RDMS in Abdomen Specialty Exam preferred
Work among the very best. Be part of the multidisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. Thrive in a dynamic environment of clinical excellence, constant learning, and leading edge medical research.