| PHS has a dynamic career opportunity for an experienced Nurse Midwife. This opportunity will be part of the team for the obstetrics unit at our Rust Medical Center location. The Nurse-Midwife will work in a collaborative hospitalist/clinic practice and provide full-scope care, in a model of twelve hour in-house coverage together with a outpatient clinic practice. Principal responsibilities will include OB triage, labor management, delivery of the infant, repair of lacerations/episiotomies, management of the immediate postpartum and newborn period, and management of certain pre-determined complications. Will also be first assist on C-sections. |
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Triage of patients, management of laboring patients, postpartum and antepartum rounds and medical education of residents and students.
- Provide midwifery care to obstetrical and gynecological patients in accordance with approved midwifery protocols.
- Manages normal labor and conducts delivery, including assessment of maternal and fetal status, identification of deviations from normal, and management of third state, episiotomy and perineal repairs.
- Manages postpartum course, including teaching referrals and follow-up. Identifies, manages and consults with medical back-up for obstetrical emergencies.
- Maintains clinical practice with high patient satisfaction
- Maintains accurate and complete patient records.
Our team of midwives, obstetricians and gynecologists maintain a close, respectful working relationship to offer the most comprehensive treatment to our patients. We specialize in low-risk pregnancy care and believe that a team approach provides the safest possible environment for health care. With 24-hour on-site availability, collaboration and referral is immediate should a medical complication arise that requires physician expertise. We welcome over 750 babies into the world each year and look forward to welcoming a new team member that shares our passion and commitment to patient care.
- Clinical experience (full-time) within last 3 years.
- Master’s degree preferred and Graduate of an accredited school/university of nurse-midwifery.
- Current licensure in the state of New Mexico (RN and CNM), certification by the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM) or the ACNM Certification Council, current furnishing number and DEA license.
- Current certification in CPR, Current certification in Neonatal Resuscitation, Credentialed at CHMC as an Allied Health member of the Department of OB/GYN, Certification in Limited OB ultrasound.
Benefits In addition to a highly competitive base salary we also offer:
- Flexible work schedules
- Incentive Bonus (Quarterly Panel Management Bonus)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits effective first day of employment
- 403(b) and 457(b) Retirement
- $2000 CME and $10,000 Relocation allowance
- Medical Malpractice and Tail Coverage (up to $5 million per occurrence)
- Reimbursement for NM License, DEA, CSR
- Sign-on bonus
Location: Rust Medical Center – Rio Rancho, New Mexico