| Springfield Clinic has an opening for a part time sonographer in their IAC Accredited Vascular Lab. This position is 3 days per week (28.5 hours) in a clinic based environment. No evenings, weekends, holidays, or call required. Occasional travel to outreach locations in Jacksonville and Taylorville, IL is required. |
• Provide high quality diagnostic ultrasound exams and physiologic studies including ABI and Venous Reflux testing, following established Springfield Clinic protocols.
• Possess knowledge of the vascular system including the ability to recognize both normal and abnormal pathology.
• Provide patient care and services within the Scope of Practice for the Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
• Provide preliminary report of sonography examinations for use by the interpreting physician.
• Document patient history and any incidental findings that might impact patient safety or patient care and provide that information to the interpreting physician.
• Obtain outside images or reports for comparison when available.
• Review future schedules and patient medical records to ensure appointment accuracy and availability of orders. • Assist Main Campus, Effingham, and Lincoln sites with submitting exams for interpretation.
• Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with co-workers, providers, and other members of the health care team.
• Perform other duties as assigned.