Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth remains a private, not-for-profit hospital. We treat all patients, regardless of ability to pay. We proudly serve the communities of Bourne, Carver, Duxbury, Halifax, Kingston, Lakeville, Pembroke, Plympton, Plymouth, Marshfield, Middleboro, Sandwich and Wareham, as well as numerous visitors to our historic area.
Beth Israel Deaconess-Plymouth is an affiliate of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
- Performs ultrasound procedures according to policies and procedures.
- Assesses and recognizes significance of structures visualized, differentiates normal from abnormal anatomy and extends scope of exam when necessary.
- Completes sonographer impression sheets.
- Communicates effectively with patients, family members, staff, physicians and medical office personnel.
- Maintains department records, schedules appointments, enters charges and maintains files.
- Integrates and coordinates the delivery of Ultrasound services with other departments and external customers with a strong focus on customer service and service excellence.
- Assure proper equipment function and repair. Reports need for service for malfunctioning equipment to manager.
- Demonstrates Ultrasound equipment to staff and visitors as appropriate.
- Orients and trains new staff to departmental and Hospital wide policies and procedures.
- Supports manager's vision of service excellence as a high priority to all customers maintaining the patient as a primary focus.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with patients, patient's families, staff, physicians and medical office personnel.
- Maintains a positive attitude and conducts oneself in a professional manner consistent with Jordan Hospital Core Values.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- Three to five years Ultrasound experience.
- Clinical rotations in accredited Ultrasound program. Must include abdomen, OB-GYN, limited vascular and small parts.
- Ability to work at a quick pace with minimal supervision.
- Ability to concentrate, prioritize in multitask setting.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Graduate of AMA approved Ultrasound program or on the job training with registration.
- ARDMS registration in Abdomen and OB/GYN
- DVT vascular experience required. RVT a plus
- High risk OB experience preferred or 3 years OB experience with willingness to train.