The Medical Assistant provides both clinical and administrative support to a Presence Health physician network. Collects and maintains patient assessment data and medical record documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts a history of the patient’s condition based on interview and performs relevant aspects of a physical assessment including vital signs, pain scale, height, weight, menstrual status, Tetanus status etc. Documents per protocol on the Medical Record. Demonstrates age-specific knowledge and skills for patients served.
- Performs diagnostic testing including but not limited to point of care tests, peak flows, oxygen saturation, audiograms, 12-lead EKG, spirometry, drug and alcohol testing, Vision and Titmus testing and obtains and maintains any required certifications for performing such tests.
- Assists the physician in performing procedures by preparing the required instruments and equipment, assisting during surgical procedures and acting as an attendant during examinations. Assists in explaining the procedures to the patient.
- Maintains cleanliness and general appearance of exam rooms and ensures that required supplies are in examining rooms when needed by physician. Prepares and inventories instruments for transfer and sterilization. Helps maintain clinical equipment and reports malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Assists with administrative duties such as answer the phone, scheduling appointments, faxing or e-mailing information to clients, getting referrals on managed care and occupational medicine patients, maintaining current information on patients and clients, recording information on logs, generating reports, etc.
- Receives, organizes, and maintains secure storage of medicine samples provided by pharmaceutical representatives. Checks sample medications for expiration dates and maintain dispensing records.
- Identifies, orders and stocks clinical supplies with supervisor’s approval.
- Assists with administrative duties such as answering telephone, scheduling appointments, billing, and maintaining/obtaining current demographic and insurance information. May process referrals for Managed Care patients.
- Performs equipment sterilization at site or prepares equipment for transfer to another facility for sterilization. Maintains clinical equipment and reports malfunctions to the supervisor and/or clinical coordinator.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or a nursing degree from a foreign country.
- Minimum of one year working as a Medical Assistant in a physician office; prefer two to three years of experience as a Medical Assistant in a physician office.
- Computer Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Current CPR certification required.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!!
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability