Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
Performs laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory
- Bachelors degree is required
- Certification Required
Requisition # 53841
- Lab Clinical - Main - Flow Cytometry
- 80 hours/pay period (bi-weekly)
- 2nd Shift - Evenings 1500-2330
- Performs diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Complies with good laboratory practice and regulatory requirements.
- Performs projects as assigned as well as serves as a consultant to laboratory staff and other clinical staff as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and graduate of an accredited Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist program
- Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) by the American Medical Technologists (AMT) or as a Medical Laboratory Scientist by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or catergorical ASCP certification in a laboratory specialty/subspecialty as applicable to job responsibilities.
- 1 year flow cytometry experience
- Experience performing lypmh subsets, stem cell enumeration and immunophenotyping for leukemias and lymphomas
- Experience with Beckman Coulter FC500 or Navios cytometers
IF APPLICABLE: Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.