| Ultrasound Tech/ Sonographer for outpatient surgery center, Hilton Head, SC |
1. Verifies patient identification, confirms physician orders, obtains patient medical history/consent forms prior to performing of any procedure. Assures proper completion of all exams requested, proper labeling of all films and prompt release of all patients upon completion of the exam.
2. Demonstrates proficiency in the operation and proper handling of all diagnostic equipment. Reports any equipment malfunctions or needed adjustments to their immediate supervisor.
3. Ensures that the equipment rooms are kept clean and properly stocked at all times.
4. Willingly accommodates all add-on requests with minimal disruption in daily schedule.
5. Maintains adequate knowledge of all computer systems utilized within their work environment such as SourceRad, PACS, PenRad and VI Web.
6. Maintains communication and cooperation with radiologists and other ancillary departments regarding changes in protocol, scheduling of procedures, exams performed and patient flow.
7. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment and utilization of proper positioning, protocol and techniques to obtain a quality diagnostic image. Identifies normal anatomy and/or unusual findings.
8. Reviews prior studies and reports that correlate with the current examination to ensure that special attention are paid to the area of interest in question.
9. Consults with a radiologist regarding suspicious findings prior to releasing the patient so that a determination can be made as to whether or not additional testing is needed.
High School Diploma or GED, Completion of approved Ultrasound Tech program. ARDMS Certification required. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with patients, families, and physicians in a tactful and professional manner. RVT preferred. Minimum 2 years experience preferred.