ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Hours: Day shift hours, holiday and weekend call rotation required
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time Benefits
The Technical Specialist will provide in-depth knowledge of imaging techniques and clinical practice for all equipment and procedures within the modality practiced. Demonstrates the ability to produce quality images while serving as a technical resource to staff and radiologists. Will strictly adhere to the policies and procedures established within radiology and shall role the behaviors associated with excellent customer service.
- Evaluate US imaging to assure established quality control standards are met.
- As a modality based specialist, accomplishes imaging procedures using sound technical judgement and adapts equipment capabilities to the individual patient.
- Demonstrates continued improvement in mastering the technical factors associated with modality, including related patient anatomy and physiology.
- Ensures efficient work flow in the modality by monitoring patient start times and keeping patient turnaround time to a minimum.
- Identifies staffing needs and develops alternative plans for coverage that focus on patient care and safety, involve supervisor or manager when needed
- Investigates and assists in trouble shooting problems, and assures appropriate communication to customers. Investigates any clinical quality error and participates in the implementation and support necessary for corrective action.
- Serves as a role model for organizational mission, vision and values to promote a harmonious work environment.
- Responsible for coordinating and standardizing imaging protocols between radiologist and technologists at all sites.
- Coordinates the technical training of new staff. Directs and conducts competency evaluations of staff and documenting technical proficiency.
- Coordinates new equipment staff training and implementation of new protocols.
- Holds modality based staff meetings on a regular basis. Acts as a master expert in chosen modality.
- Provides input and technical analysis for capital budget development as requested.
- Associate's Degree is Radiologic Technology
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- BLS (CPR)
- Active State of Wisconsin Driver’s License
- Maintains ARDMS certification in OB/GYN, Abdomen and vascular.
- Maintains all necessary continuing education requirements for ARDMS.
- Sound understanding of anatomical anatomy and physiology.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
- Meets all necessary competencies within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to handle peers with a high degree of respect, tact, courtesy and patience.
- Registered Diagnostic Vascular Sonography is preferred
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!