Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
Clinical Coordinator – BMT Apheresis Outpatient Clinic – University of Colorado Hospital Cancer Center
University of Colorado Hospital Cancer Center is Colorado's only NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center. Ranked #22 in cancer care by US News and World Report, our advanced facility contains multidisciplinary cancer care teams, cancer super-specialists, molecular tumor testing, and all phases of cancer clinical trials. We have some of the highest five-year cancer survival rates of any center in the Rocky Mountain region, especially for late-stage cancers.
Full-time Days, 4 Days/Week
This position will cover the daily coordination of personnel and resources within the BMT apheresis specialty clinic requiring 4 days/week with the occasional on-call responsibilities. The Coordinator will staff in the apheresis 1-2 days per week and then have 2-3 days per week to focus on quality oversight.
The Coordinator will:
- Assist the Quality Manager with outcomes and data in apheresis on monthly basis
- Assist in the follow-up on all adverse events, reporting, and investigations with follow-up
- Compile data on a quarterly basis to help complete a report that is presented to the BMT QA Committee.
- Assist and organize all audits and the annual apheresis audit schedule
- Assist with inspections (
- Run monthly quality meetings
- Maintain FDA certification for the apheresis unit
- Coordinates staff scheduling, educational/development activities, and performance evaluations.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of clinical services.
- Performs quality assurance studies and assists with implementation of QA/QI initiatives.
- Serves as a resource to staff and external contacts on issues related to patient care, patient flow and clinical standards, policies and procedures.
- Monitors departmental compliance with applicable requirements, including accreditation, legal, and any regulatory agency.