Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
This position is Full-time, 80 hours/pay period (biweekly). Days.
Serves as a patient advocate, liaison, and advisor/educator to assist patients with navigating the continuum of care.
This RN position supports the Oncology patient with diagnosis and treatment. Oncology experience is required.
- Rounds on/reviews assigned patients regularly and evaluates patient progress with plan of care. Communicates plan of care to patient and family and solicits concerns, questions, and issues for resolution.
- Provides emotional support, counseling, clinical education and expert guidance to patients and families to promote their ability to understand and meaningfully participate in the healthcare process and personal decision-making.
- Serves as a liaison between patient and clinical staff, administration, physicians, managed care companies, and community/external resources to coordinate/maximize resources and identify/resolve barriers to the plan of care.
- Assists patients and families with resolving financial, psychosocial, functional, and administrative issues by advising of options and referring to appropriate resources.
- Intervenes as appropriate to advocate for patient and family.