Minnesota Epilepsy Group is the largest and most comprehensive adult and pediatric epilepsy program in the Midwest. As a regional referral facility, we are the recognized leader in treating epilepsy and other seizure-related conditions in infants to the elderly. We are a national, state-of-the-art, Level 4 epilepsy center committed to enhancing each patient's quality of life and maximizing seizure control.
Major Accountability: Collaborate with physicians to assess the physical need of the patients, interpret clinical test results, prescribe medications and recommend other therapeutic treatment options. Work with staff to ensure a friendly, safe and patient centered delivery of care.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain Physician assistant standards and practices that are required and consistent with the Minnesota board of Medical Practice, licensing agencies and hospital policy.
· APRN/CNP standards and practices Minnesota Board of Nursing.
· Work in collaboration with physician and other staff to coordinate care for a specific caseload of patients.
· Obtain medical history and perform physical exam based on age and history of patient.
· Identify health risks and formulate diagnosis based on history and physical exam.
· Maintain written chart notes with accurate documentation of changes of patient status, medical treatment plan and response.
· Document all information gathered for admissions, initial clinic visits and surgeries.
· Recommend non-pharmacologic therapeutic treatment options.
· Prescribe appropriate pharmacologic agents and maintain DEA.
· Maintain current licensure and basic life support certification.
· Provide patient, families, hospital staff, and community members education utilizing appropriate instructional strategies.
· Serve as a community resource and educational liaison, participates in programs that advance knowledge of care of persons with epilepsy.
· Identify problems, recommend and implement interventions and evaluate outcomes to ensure compliance with standards of clinical practice.
· Participate in multidisciplinary team to provide quality patient care and support to patients’ family.
· Establish and maintain patient database for ongoing research.
· Maintain and enhance current and sub-specialty knowledge base and skill through continuing education.
· Develop and maintain positive working relations with all MEG employees and other departments as a responsibility in fulfilling all job functions.
· Ability to effectively communicate in English both oral and written formats.
· Ability to be detailed oriented.
· Ability to work independently and exercise good judgement as it relates to patient care issues.
· Ability to remain calm and maintain professional behavior in stressful situations.
· Ability to bend, stoop, twist, and lean multiple times per day.
· Ability to provide first line intervention for seizure occurrences
· Ability to maintain effective working relations with varied levels of individuals. For example a range could be a patient to referring physician.
· Maintain confidentiality/privacy as described in MEG’s policies and as described by HIPPA.
· Abide by security rules as defined by MEG’s policies and as described by HIPPA.
· Basic keyboarding skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
New graduates are welcome to apply.
Please send/fax resume to:
Minnesota Epilepsy Group, P.A. Attention: Ayesha Ibrahim
225 N Smith Ave #201
St Paul, MN 55102
Minnesota Epilepsy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time