- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or other applicable field of scientific studies (Must provide proof at time of interview).
- Must have an MT ASCP (Medical Technologist American Society of Clinical Pathologists) or CLS (Clinical Laboratory Scientist) or AMT (American Medical Technologist) certification.
- A minimum of Four (4) years of full-time work experience as a Medical Technologist in a healthcare setting, two (2) years of which must have been tests and procedures of a highly responsible nature
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Must possess the skills and knowledge necessary to successfully complete the difficult and complex work assignments
- Ability to apply Quality assurance and control without supervision.
- Basic knowledge of C.A.T scanning and PACS procedures.
- Basic Knowledge of Infection Control and Safety guidelines.
- Knowledge of Cerner, PC Computer Systems, PACS
- Thorough Knowledge of anatomical structures and basic body physiology related to developmental stages and the aging process.
- Demonstrate continuing education in professional practice and technical skills
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees and transcripts from non-U.S. accredited institutions must be translated and certified to the US equivalent academic credentials by a recognized US education interpreter service.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.