For nearly 200 years, MCPHS University, formerly known as Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, has been at the forefront of innovation in the healthcare world. We take pride in our history, yet are motivated by a curiosity about the future. That's why we are constantly updating our state-of-the-art labs, innovating our curriculums, and adding programs to coincide with the needs of an ever-changing healthcare landscape.
Faculty and staff continue to bring their talents and skills to MCPHS University to contribute to our mission of guiding and supporting students toward successful and sustainable careers in healthcare. Whatever position an employee holds, their efforts make an important impact on the overall quality of campus life. Employees are an integral part of a community that is proud of its heritage and the accomplishments that make MCPHS University a first-class educational institution.
The Department Chair provides leadership for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography programs on the Boston and Worcester campuses.
- Provides leadership in the day-to-day management of departmental activities on the Boston and Worcester campuses
- Oversees hiring, evaluation, and development of faculty and staff; hires, mentors and supervises program directors, clinical coordinators, faculty and staff
- Facilitates the recruitment of students and fosters their academic success and progression; fosters the recruitment, orientation, and retention of students into departmental programs
- Facilitates curriculum development, coordination and assessment of courses; directs curriculum development and implementation
- Oversees the daily operations of the Department, including budgetary management; manages capital and operational budgets for the department and recommends budget actions
- Ensures the development and maintenance of clinical affiliation sites and agreements
- Teaches courses as assigned, establishes a personal program of scholarly activity, and performs service activities that advance the program and the profession
- Oversees, achieves and maintains professional accreditation for departmental programs
- Serves as Program Director for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography General Track
- Serves as requested on various University committees; participates in University governance
- Develops reports as requested by the Provost and other University administrators
- The position is based at the Boston campus, and requires frequent travel between the Boston and Worcester campuses.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Master's degree in a health-related field or in higher education or equivalent
- RDMS certification
- Valid driver's license
- Significant experience in a variety of clinical settings with multiple sonography specialties
- Prior experience as a department chair or program director
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong innovative and collaborative skills with an exceptional capacity for working as part of a team
- Excellent written, oral and inter-professional communication skills, including public speaking skills appropriate for diverse audiences in higher education
- Knowledge of higher education practice and policies, curriculum design, and assessment of student learning using various technologies
- Ability to travel between the Boston and Worcester campuses
- Sitting, standing, walking, keyboarding
- Requires ability to perform well under pressure while multitasking under deadlines
- Requires ability to walk, sit, and stand
- Requires keyboarding and manual dexterity
- Ability to be mobile between classrooms, building, and office areas
MCPHS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including a substantial health/dental insurance subsidy, generous holiday/vacation policy, and a significant pension plan contribution.
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae. No phone calls, please. Principals only. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who would enrich the University's diversity are welcome to apply.