JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry or related science is required.
2. Eligibility for certification as a Medical Technologist (ASCP) is required. As a condition of employment, the incumbent must obtain certification within one (1) year.
3. Possession of or eligibility for a valid Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certificate is required. Employee must obtain certification within four (4) months of employment.
4. Knowledge of or ability to learn quality control testing procedures and practices is required.
5. Knowledge of current laboratory safety and hygiene protocols is required.
6. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
7. Knowledge and ability to accurately perform laboratory tests is required.
8. Knowledge of or ability to learn and use computer based applications such as MS Office, electronic medical systems, and lab related applications is required.
9. Ability to maintain patient confidentiality required. Knowledge of or ability to learn HIPAA requirements.
10. Ability to work at other GHC-SCW health center sites assuring adequate coverage required. Ability to provide own transportation to various work locations is required.
11. Excellent customer service skills are required. Ability to be culturally sensitive and work with a diverse population is required.
12. Compliance with Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) of September 1, 1997 is required. -