Exciting full time (36hrs/week) night shift opportunity available as a Medical Technologist! Position will be eligible for health insurance, paid time off and employer matching retirement plans at or within 30days of hire.
The testing personnel are responsible for specimen collection, specimen processing, test performance and reporting test results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Performs established protocol for instrument preventive maintenance/function verification.
2.Organizes work load so as to complete testing in the most appropriate manner.
3.Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses
4.Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
5.Adheres to established quality control policies, documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations performed.
6.Adheres to the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance and is responsible for assuring that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate.
7.Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the technical supervisor, clinical consultant or director.
8.Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
9.Provides legible, meaningful reports.
10.Follow established protocol in maintaining records of patient test results.
11.Is responsible to review all testing performed during their shift to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
I. Specimen collection/clerical
A. Collect Specimens
1. Explain rationale for laboratory tests and patient preparation to patients.
2. Collect all types of specimens following prescribed guidelines.
3. Evaluate and solve problems related to specimen collection.
B. Perform Pre-analytic specimen handling
1. Accession and distribute specimens to laboratory departments according to prescribed guidelines.
2. Measure, aliquot and label specimens when appropriate.
3. Prepare samples for transport to reference laboratory.
4. Evaluate and solve problems related to pre-analytic specimen handling.
C. Perform Receptionist/Clerk functions
1. Answer and direct phone calls.
2. Complete laboratory requisitions & billing forms.
3. Follow laboratory's procedures for reporting, retrieving and maintaining records of patient test results.
4. Evaluate and solve problems related to billing and laboratory records.
5. Use computers to manage data through input, storage and retrieval.
Supervisory responsibilities (if given) will be limited to the technical supervision of one or more Laboratory section(s) as assigned by the Laboratory Manager.
Technical supervision will entail maintaining CAP regulations for the section assigned, maintaining and documenting records, reviewing quality control, implementing new procedures as needed, researching new instrumentation as needed, and reporting to the Laboratory Manager all significant data/findings.