The Manager of Integrated Clinical Trials is a critical component of the clinical research enterprise and the mission for which the Cancer Center exists, as well as expand the knowledge of cancer and bring that knowledge to the prevention and treatment of cancer.
The intent of this job description is to provide a summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this position and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the clinical research operation under the direction of the Director, Clinical Trials and Research, with overall responsibility for ensuring all clinical trials are conducted in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations, including GCP and IRB requirements.
2. Responsible for oversight and management of Clinical Trial Coordinators, Data Managers, and Research Assistants, including hiring, training, disciplinary action, and evaluations.
3. Independent responsibility for clinical trials management, strategic planning and business development, operations management, and fiscal and contract management to ensure the efficient and effective conduct of clinical trials.
4. Has oversight of the Cancer Center’s clinical trials infrastructure, and promotes new clinical trials with industry and cooperative groups.
5. Works collaboratively with other administrative offices such as Pathology and Radiology to improve the systems of support to clinical trials.
6. Represents the Integrated Clinical Trials Department both internally and externally, and identifies barriers to clinical trials participation and fosters approaches toward reducing them to increase accrual.
7. Assumes responsibility for fiscal/budgetary duties and personnel management of the Cancer Center’s Integrated Clinical Trials Department as needed or assigned.
8. Provides overall nursing, fiscal, administrative and personnel management for clinical trials conducted at the Cancer Center.
9. Acts as a liaison between the Cancer Center and pharmaceutical companies for implementation of studies. This includes regulatory and budgetary consideration.
10. Works in cooperation with physicians and administration to establish operational procedures for research studies.
1. Acts as a liaison between the Clinical Trials Office, Cancer Center and medical staff, and industry sponsors/CROs or cooperative groups.
2. Other related duties as assigned.
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week, flexible schedule as needed