- Demonstrates responsibility for Patient Safety as measured by accuracy of patient identification, specimen labeling and specimen collection/preservation; follow up on Safety Intelligence (SI) events.
- Demonstrates ability to perform Accurate and Reliable Patient Testing as measured by CAP survey accuracy, documented errors, QA review, competency documentation, SI events.
- Demonstrates participation in maintaining Technical Operations as measured by documented preventative maintenance/ proactive troubleshooting, ongoing calibrations, parallel testing, inventory maintenance, active review/update of departmental policies and procedures, involvement in departmental projects.
- Demonstrates active review and evaluation of Quality Control as measured by use of Levey Jennings reports, use of inclusion and exclusion QC codes, identification of QC shifts/trends, proactive QC investigation efforts.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of LIS and HIS Computer Skills as measured by use of LIS functions/competencies, HIS navigation/competencies, accuracy of patient test selection in LIS/HIS, knowledge of LIS/HIS policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates Critical Thinking Skills and ability to actively troubleshoot and problem solve patient care scenarios as measured by daily interactions with other OBH department staff/MD’s, Physicians offices, reference laboratories, vendor hotline support.
- Maintains Accurate Records and Documentation as measured by instrument QA/troubleshooting documentation, maintenance documentation, patient work cards/logsheets, QC records, and temperature records.
- Demonstrates engagement and professionalism in the Training of students, new employees, hospital employees as measured by student interactions, completeness of competency documentation, performance of student/employee post training, involvement in nursing education.
- Demonstrates commitment to Professional Competency as measured by minimum 15 CEU/yr, annual review of P&P, participation in CAP and other CEU activities, timely review of P&P updates, pursuance of certifications.
- Demonstrates engagement in Departmental and Organizational Operations as measured by participation in 75% departmental staff meetings, participation in OBH employee forums, participation in task forces, work groups, committees, community events.
- Demonstrates ability to serve in a Leadership capacity as measured by active, documented review and knowledge of departmental policies and procedures, collaboration/consultation with team members when P&P questions arise, peer interactions, ability of respond appropriately to questions in the absence of Director. Requests consultation as necessary.
- Demonstrates active Collaboration as measured by interactions during self-scheduling, P&P review and development, cross coverage of unassigned areas (ex: Triage/phleb area), training.
- Demonstrates active participation in the Development of self, team, department and organization as measured by timely follow though on projects/tasks, involvement in new method evaluation, periodic maintenance/calibration procedures, procedure development, PI initiatives, other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to Manage Time in a productive manner as measured by testing turn around times, project completion, CEU completion, follow through on assignments.