Northwestern Medicine is a network of four award-winning, Magnet®-recognized hospitals and more than 60 sites of care throughout Chicagoland. This translates to more than 4,000 aligned physicians including faculty, residents and researchers who are dedicated to exceptional service based on our mission of Patients First. The treatment provided within our network is informed by the latest research from the Feinberg School of Medicine. Take this opportunity to join us in this important role:
MEDICAL ASSISTANT-INTERNAL MEDICINE (Job #0008968)
Glenview, IL Location
The professional we select will perform a variety of basic clinical duties, including reviewing patient medical histories in advance of procedures. In addition, this professional will record/scribe data obtained during the patient encounter with the medical provider into the patient medical record, escort patients to exam rooms, take vital signs, and perform other minor medical procedures. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the practitioner with medical and surgical procedures, including electrocardiogram (ECG), ventipuncture, immunizations, procedure tray set-up, and specimen collection.
- Ensuring efficient patient flow through the site.
- Identifying patients and preparing them for examination.
- Documenting reason for patient visit and updating/confirming allergies, smoking history, and pharmacy information.
- Informing the provider and RN of significant changes in vital signs or acute symptoms.
- Anticipating/setting up equipment and supplies needed and cleaning preparing exam rooms for patient visits.
- Preparing and stocking all exam rooms in the treatment area, including disinfecting and sterilizing equipment and instruments.
- Maintaining vaccine/medication inventory.
- Participating in environmental safety rounds.
- Assisting in the ordering of supplies and disposal of expired items.
- Current certification as a Certified Medical Assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants OR as a Registered Medical Assistant through American Medical Technologists.
- American Heart Association accredited Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) certification.
- Successful completion of pre-employment competency exam.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Some experience in a relevant role.
- Successful completion of accredited medical assistant training program.
- One or more years of ambulatory care experience.
- Experience with electronic medical record.
Northwestern Medicine offers exceptional resources, education, growth opportunities, and benefits-including premier health insurance featuring our renowned physician network.
To apply, click here and reference the job number of interest.
For more information about Northwestern Medicine, visit: nm.org