| We are currently accepting applications for Full-time Nuclear Medicine Technologist positions with 4 to 5 day work-week schedule. Qualified applicants must have California certification. Recent graduates are welcome. Excellent compensation and benefits include fifteen paid vacation days annual accrual (gradually increases to more than 4 weeks per year within a few years), sick pay, a medical/dental plan, paid holidays, 401K retirement plan, income guarantee policy, etc. Pacific Medical Imaging, Inc. has been the leading mobile Nuclear Medicine service provider in California for more than thirty years. We are located in Los Angeles County in the city of Santa Fe Springs. |
Description: Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Job Purpose: Conducts diagnostic and evaluative studies and provides therapies by utilizing the nuclear properties of radioactive and stable nuclides.
*Drives vehicles to customer and vendor locations.
*Loads and unloads mobile imaging equipment and related accessories, radiopharmaceuticals, and/or supplies.
* Registers patients by confirming patient identification; reviewing consultation requests; checking for special instructions; consulting with the radiologist; entering anticipated services to patient log.
*Screens patients for appropriateness criteria and pharmaceutical and other contraindications by obtaining relevant patient history, reviewing order/request and other medical records, and questioning patient.
*Comforts patients and their families by answering questions; responding to requests; explaining procedure and nuclear medicine equipment.
* Treats patients by performing imaging and flow study procedures; operating radioscopic equipment to conduct tests; preparing, dispensing, and administering radiopharmaceuticals.
* Monitors patients during procedure(s) by maintaining vital sign records; recognizing emergency patient conditions; initiating life-saving first aid as necessary; performing Nuclear Medicine tests and procedures.
* Maintains and adheres to company’s Radiation safety Policies and Procedures including ALARA principles
* Prepares reports by collecting, inputting, and retrieving study data on radiology management system, completes other reports and paperwork such as billing, QC, etc.,
* Maintains nuclear medicine equipment and supplies by cleaning equipment; performing preventive maintenance and Q.C. procedures; troubleshooting problems; performing minor repairs as qualified and authorized; arranging for repairs; maintaining supply inventory levels; completing and placing supply requisitions; restocking supply storeroom
* Maintains quality results by following, and enforcing standards and protocols.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Serves and protects the healthcare community by adhering to professional standards, company and hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and accreditation standards.
* Enhances nuclear medicine and company reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments, and maintaining a positive and respectful attitude toward co-workers and the company’s customers and their patients and staff,.
* Other duties and tasks as assigned by management
Skills/Qualifications/Character Traits: Thoroughness, Good Bedside Manner, Problem Solving, Use of Medical Technologies, Job Knowledge, Quality Focus, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Preparing Radiopharmaceutical Doses and Source Samples, Presenting Technical Information, Equipment Maintenance, Analyzing Information, Informing Others, Positive and Cooperative/Team Work Attitude, Honesty, Dependability, Loyalty, Work Ethic.