Providence is calling a Resident Assistant to the Providence Valdez Medical Center in Valdez, AK.
The Resident Assistant functions as a member of the nursing staff under the supervision of a Registered or Licensed Nurse who is the Team Leader.
In this position you will:
- Perform basic routine nursing tasks that provide for the comfort and care of the patient or resident, these duties/tasks center around the resident by assisting them in all activities of daily living.
- Report observation of patients to the Team Leader.
- Perform functional tasks that maintain the orderliness of the nursing unit and contributes to the effective overall functioning of the clinical area.
- Assist in the admissions and discharges of patients and residents in the clinical area, to include transporting patients to and from rooms, orienting patients to their physical surroundings, obtaining and recording vital signs, and accurately completing admission, charges for service, and discharge information.
- Be responsible for routine, ongoing patient and resident care which includes documenting Intake and Output of patients, providing assistance with personal hygiene, nutrition, activities and exercises while maintaining patient safety and patient rights at all times.
- Be responsible for collecting specimens and assists in performing, recording and reporting results.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current State of Alaska CNA certification - New CNA graduates and candidates that hold a current, unencumbered nurse assistant certification or registration from another U.S. state must obtain the State of Alaska certification within four (4) months of employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtained within 90 days of date of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Six (6) months experience as a resident assistant, nurse aide, nursing assistant or private care giver
About Valdez Medical Center
Providence Valdez Medical Center is an 11 bed Critical Access Hospital co-located with a licensed 10 bed Long Term Care facility. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technicians, clinicians and support staff provide quality and compassionate inpatient and outpatient health care to patients and residents. Our state of the art facility, built in 2004, is able to provide a wide array services including acute, emergency, Labor and Delivery, Radiology, Ultrasound, CT Scan, DEXA scan, CLIA certified laboratory, Rehab services including Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 136786