Providence is calling a per diem, variable shift Nuclear Medicine Technologist to the Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Perform patient scans under the supervision of a nuclear medicine physician.
- Calculate radioisotope dosages for administration to patients, operating radioscopic equipment, and practicing strict radiation safety.
- Accurately prepare and calculate doses of radioisotopes for diagnostic studies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of an AMA approved radiologic technologist training program that meets requirements for registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist and/or the Nuclear Medicine Technologic Certification Board
- At least 6 months experience during the last year, or a minimum of 2 years full-time experience with an absence from nuclear medicine of no more than one (1) year
- Must be able to prioritize, organize, and coordinate care
- Must be able to compute radioactive isotope dosages
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma
- One (1) year experience in nuclear medicine is preferred, but not required if recent graduate from an approved technician training program
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Other Licensed Technicians
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 146135