Providence is calling a full time day shift Clinical Laboratory Scientist to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will: .
- Responsible for specimen processing, test performance, test result reporting, and clerical and patient care support services.
- Provide service in one or more sections of the laboratory with a high level of accuracy, precision and timeliness and ensures compliance with departmental and regulatory agency standards. Service is provided to patients of all age groups: premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults.
- Non-technical duties include taking supply inventories, stocking supplies, cleaning and maintaining work area, equipment and instrumentation.
- Provide service in a safe and professional manner and works within the established policies and procedures of the Laboratory and the organization.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- State of California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license
- Must meet CLIA requirements for testing personnel, moderate to high complexity tests
- Experience in a clinical laboratory in area of responsibility
- Clear communication in English, both orally and in writing
- Must meet the physical requirements of this job
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- ASCP or equivalent certification
- Ability to work flexible shifts.
About the hospital youwill serve:
Providence Little Companyof Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los
Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use
of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal,
healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and
critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including
Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency
Providence Little Company of
Mary Medical Center,Torrance is proud to be recognized as a Magnet® Designated Hospital.
We are the only South Bay area hospital
to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held
four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by
the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson
Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational
efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence
Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe
strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to
the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 148241