Providence is calling a Radiology Technician – Non-Registered to Providence Health & Services in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Radiology Technician – Non-Registered to perform Radiology exams proficiently to provide PSPH Radiologist with accurate information to reach an interpretation.
In this position you will:
- Perform all exams independently (fluoro, surgery,).
- Troubleshoot equipment.
- Respond appropriately according to age related needs and considerations.
- Be able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure and make appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Use resource board to indicate RN and Radiologist needs.
- Recognize staff shortages and initiates alternatives.
- Assist with training of students and ancillary personnel as appropriate.
- Participate in discussions and direction of DI dept.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Equivalent of two years community college/vocational training in a certified radiological technologist training program.
- WA State X-Ray Technician Registration
- AHA BLS Basic Life Support.
- Equivalent of six months previous radiological technologists' practical experience and/or a minimum of two years on the job training.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Radiology Technician
Req ID: 145069