Providence is calling a Cat Scan (CT) Supervisor to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Cat Scan Supervisor will supervise and coordinate daily and ongoing operations for the Cat Scan program at Providence Alaska Medical Center. Patient care and delivery standards are carried out in a compassionate and ethical manner according to recognized PHSA/PAMC and industry accepted standards of care.
In this position you will:
- Direct daily workflow for assigned area, including communications with other technologists/care center staff when changes are made in patient or department schedule.
- Be responsible for completing and posting personnel schedules according to hospital/department guidelines.
- Be responsible for screening, interviewing and hiring applicants. Revise job descriptions. Conducts regular staff or team meetings.
- Communicates with members of the team concerning patient status, diagnosis, samples for testing or related information.
- Evaluates and recommends equipment selection when requested. Troubleshoots equipment to avoid downtime, and coordinates maintenance with Biomed or vendors.
- Performs duties of the Cat Scan according to industry standards and department policies/procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of an accredited imaging program.
- Five (5) years recent full-time experience in an imaging modality, with strong preference to modality directly supervising.
- Computed Tomography (CT) registered by The American Registry of Radiological Technologist (ARRT) or registry eligible, completed within six (6) months of date of hire.
- Available to work varied schedules.
- Familiar with personal computer software to access and retrieve records.
- Physically able to transport equipment and patients to and from the bedside.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate Degree in a related healthcare field.
- Membership in a professional organization which directly relates to the specific modality and supports the highest standards of patient care is encouraged.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 152926