Providence is calling a Dispatcher (Full-time) to Providence Office Park in Portland, OR.
*The primary shift for this role is Monday-Friday, days but will also provide coverage at times for the evening shift 2pm-10:30pm schedule along with some rotating weekends.
In this position, you will:
- Assist in the planning and organization of the dispatching function. This encompasses the development of schedules to meet the needs of regional courier services.
- Implement programs for scheduled and unscheduled routes.
- Be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely receipt and distribution of all items for delivery within the Oregon region.
- Perform duties with customer service and team concept philosophy.
- Manage the use of outsourced courier services.
- Utilize Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) and Providence Health & Services (PHS) rules, regulations, and guidelines relating to the proper handling of lab specimens when making dispatch decisions.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of experience as a driver or courier in the healthcare field
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Dispatcher must possess a valid and current operating license. The Employee Motor Vehicle record must meet department maximum acceptability standards regarding violations/accidents.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with logistics routing and computer systems
- 2 years of mechanical experience
- Experience as a dispatcher in the healthcare field
- Knowledge of traffic patterns in the Portland Metro Service Area
- Navigational experience in the Portland Metro Service Area
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 151902