Providence is calling a Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
This is a per diem, variable shift position.
The phlebotomist draws blood and other samples from patients for various lab tests and procedures.
In this position you will:
- Obtain patient blood samples by skin puncture, venipuncture and arterial puncture.
- Process specimens by using centrifugation, separation, delivery to department, prep for transfer to lab.
- Ensure cleanliness in the lab and maintain instruments.
- Maintain laboratory supplies by ordering, receiving and stocking them.
- Use a computer to register lab patients, order tests and input specimen data.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a Phlebotomy course (including completion of a 4 week internship in Phlebotomy in a clinical laboratory setting).
- Active Medical Assistant-Phlebotomy certification from the Washington State Department of Health, which includes the 7 hours of Blood Borne Pathogens training.
- Keyboarding skills - 30 WPM.
- Computer skills including Windows.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 145323