"I believe in tailoring my approach to the individual. Different people come in with different needs and come from different backgrounds. I believe that when I listen carefully to what clients are telling me and determine what the real issues are that that is when we can actually come up with a plan to help them move forward."
What do clients say about working with you?
- “Working with Cheryl last year was one of the best experiences in a long time of pursuing my professional development. She was able to help me define my visions, focus my efforts, and guide me towards an efficient and successful job search. Even though she has not worked in my field, she provided me with plenty of tailored resources and taught me how to use social media tools for professional networking and growth. Even after finding a new job I continue to work with her on my career development goals, because she thinks out of the box and gives advice that consistently brings me closer to the 5-year goal that she helped me formulate.
Cheryl always appears to be one step ahead of your thought process and is extremely talented at asking the necessary questions so you can reach your own conclusions as to what seems best for you. She is motivating, supportive, optimistic yet realistic, and one of the most positive forces you can have on your side while trying to reach the next goal.”
--Susanne, Director of International Market Research
- “Cheryl has been a pleasure to work with and she gets results. I found a new position, in a tough economic environment, through LinkedIn using the strategies that Cheryl taught me. I was in the job market actively looking for over six months. I was not using social media before the pilot program with Cheryl and was having very limited success. Once I started using social media based under Cheryl's direction, my success rate improved dramatically and the number of interviews increased resulting in multiple job offers. I highly recommend Cheryl as a career coach.”
--David, Senior Manager, Information Systems
- “Cheryl wrote my resume, and after weeks of sending out my old resume and getting no phone calls, as soon as I got the first draft I sent it to a few job listings and was 5 for 6 in return phone calls- yes 5 for 6!!!.. After no responses in the first 2 weeks, Cheryl's work made that much of a difference!! I know anyone looking to move on from where they are working and needs that GREAT resume should contact Cheryl immediately.”
--Darrin, Territory Manager
What is your professional background?
Cheryl Palmer, M.Ed., CECC, CPRW is a certified career coach and a certified professional resume writer. She holds a Master’s degree in counseling and has a certificate in career coaching.
As a career expert Ms. Palmer has been quoted in articles in media outlets such as Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, MarketWatch, The Ladders, ExecuNet, and HotJobs.
She has also been a guest on Fox Business News where she discussed how job seekers can use their alumni associations to assist them with their job searches, and she appeared on Maryland Public Television to discuss how job seekers can improve their resumes.
Ms. Palmer has been featured in articles in Associations Now where she has given tips on improving your LinkedIn profile, demonstrating your worth on your resume, negotiating salary, and knowing when it’s time to move on from your current position. She has also conducted webinars that have been well received by the ASAE community on topics such as online and offline job search strategies, using Twitter and LinkedIn, and current trends in resume writing. And she has been invited every year since 2011 to participate in ASAE’s annual meeting as a career coach where she counsels clients confidentially on moving up in the organization, finding new opportunities, and maximizing job satisfaction. In addition, she coaches association executives and professionals in her private practice.
Ready To Get Started With Cheryl?
Order online below!
Three 30-Minute Coaching Sessions
The Career Coaching service matches individuals with a personal coach--a confidant, champion, and challenger who will help you:
With Career Coaching you can:
- Gain personalized guidance through job transitions
- Prepare and navigate through your annual reviews
- Leverage your behavioral and professional strengths effectively
- Diagnose reasons for career dissatisfaction
- Learn how to take action in networking, interviewing, and taking on new opportunities
- Learn how your behavioral style affects those you work with
- Build a compelling value proposition for a potential employer
- Manage change more effectively
- Overcome hurdles that impede success
- Sustain professional success and maintain balance
- Get ongoing support through all phases of your career