You will provide professional nursing under supervision for clinic patients, according to the established standards and practices; and perform various lab and radiological tests and procedures when necessary. Assist provider in examination and treatment of patients and administer medications safely to patients, while managing patient flow.
Job Duties Include:
· Assisting doctors and other medical staff with a variety of medical responsibilities as directed by medical supervisor
· Demonstrating exceptional service to patients, families, referral sources and co-workers and other customers.
· Reading, analyzing, and interpreting general medical charts and instructions
· Performing routine clerical duties assigned, including but not limited to locating patient charts, filing and the completion of routine forms
· Maintaining a clean and safe environment.
· Maintaining flow of patient check-in, verifying demographic and insurance information database.
· Assisting with answering phones, taking messages and assisting with patient and staff inquiries.
· Responding to business office requests for patient account corrections and/or maintenance, in a timely manner.
· Scheduling appointments for patients in accordance with physician guidelines.
· Performing other duties as assigned
Candidates will possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Texas licensure and current CPR certification.
Ability to work in an electronic health record environment
Type (30 WPM), data entry, 10-key
Basic office skills
Requires the ability to work in a dynamic fast paced work environment.
Candidates will possess good analytical, interpersonal, problem solving, and decision making skills
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.