CLS / MT - Clinical Laboratory Scientist / Medical Technologist
Coshocton Regional Medical Center
July 13, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
JOB SUMMARY: Each individual performs only those waived, moderate, or highly complex tests authorized by CLIA, and must possess a degree of skill commensurate with individual’s education, training or experience and technical abilities. Each individual performing the above procedures must:
1) Adhere to the laboratory’s procedures for the collection, processing, analysis, and reporting of patient test results.
2) Follow the laboratory’s established quality control policies and procedures in documenting all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
3) Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and either correct the problem or immediately notify your immediate supervisor, Director, or Medical Director.
4) Perform a wide variety of laboratory procedures requiring independent judgment using both manual and automated methods in Hematology, Blood Bank, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Microbiology, Immunology, and any other discipline as introduced into the laboratory.
5) Perform and document maintenance; daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed on instruments and equipment as appropriate.
6) Review the accuracy of patient results prior to releasing or reporting.
7) Recognize age specific differences in expected results for newborns to geriatrics.
8) Ensure that the testing of proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples and that collaboration with other laboratories is prohibited prior to the reporting of proficiency testing results to the appropriate agencies.
9) May be required to perform venipuncture or capillary puncture on various age groups from newborn to geriatrics.
10)Assist in the development and maintenance of laboratory policies and procedures.
11) Adheres to all department and hospital policies and procedures related to safety, infection control, emergency preparedness, and human resources.
12) In the absence of a supervisor, may be assigned/identified as Lead Tech, having responsibility for the section or department during their shift.
13) May be assigned responsibilities related to LIS and/or POC.
14) Other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned by the department manager/director.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
Bachelors or equivalent in medical technology, laboratory science or biological science.
Current certification with ASCP or AMT for MT.
Minimum 2-5 years of laboratory experience required.
Working knowledge of Laboratory Information System (LIS).
Internal Number: 546
About Coshocton Regional Medical Center
Prime Healthcare and its hospitals have been featured prominently among the “100 Top Hospitals” in the nation more than 30 times based on quality, and among the “15 Top Health Systems” three times. Prime Healthcare hospitals are annually recognized as “Top Performers on Key Quality Measures” by The Joint Commission.We’ve grown to meet the demands of the 21st century while never forgetting our dedication to providing quality health care to the people of our communities – our friends, family and neighbors. Each advancement we make is based on meeting the needs of the communities we serve with comprehensive services delivered with care and compassion close to home. New facility ownership that focuses on saving hospitals, saving lives and saving jobs. Our key focus at Coshocton Regional Medical Center in Coshocton, Ohio is on the safe and effective treatment and care of patients, while providing a fun, safety conscious, friendly environment to work in, where you learn something new every day.Come Experience A Whole New Attitude at Coshocton Regional Medical Center!(www.coshoctonhospital.org)